Saturday, February 7, 2009

Oma Overfield's Beef Stew

This is here to prove that Jackie's mom is delusional, she thinks that I won't do things for Jackie, which is ridiculous, so I hope everyone else likes the recipe, but it's sole purpose is to shut that mean bitch the fuck up. (and that's toned down from what I originally had written here)

Ingredients:

1 1/2 lb chuck beef
6 carrots (pealed and cut into 1/3 inch pieces)
7 red potatoes (cut into large chunks)
2 onions (or one large onion, cut in to large pieces)
4 stalks of celery (cut into large pieces)
2 beef bouillon cubes
6 cups of water
1 tbsp. salt
1 tbsp. pepper
1 tbsp. oregano
bisquick

Okay.. so like this one, is all in my head and I'm not really 100% sure on the measurements. I kind of eyeball it, but I add enough water to cover all the veggies, and the salt and pepper to taste, I also add cyan pepper, but I have a thing for spicy food.. the spices are really a personal preference sort of thing. anyways, you pan sear the beef first then add it to the big pot you are making the stew in, or you can make it in a crock pot. add all the ingredients and simmer/boil for, well I do it for at least 3 hours so everything is tender, but you really don't have to. when everything is cooked make the dumplings according to the directions on the bisquick box, add the mix to the stew, with stew on high boil, leave covered for ten mins, and another ten mins uncovered.. yeah.. that's all :)

No comments: